Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dear Santa - can we talk???

Dear Santa - can we talk? Face it, this time of year we tend to sugar coat things and then wrap them in pretty paper with a bow on it. I'd like to not do that. What has me thinking this way? Well, it's almost time to write my Christmas letter and I feel like there are two versions. One is the expected recap of the year, and the other is the unedited version. One would be way more politically correct than the other.

The thought of putting up a tree and decorations seems like too much work this year. Maybe the fact we've had a couple weeks of the cough/sneezing/crud that's going around factors in here.

Let me cut to the chase. Santa - all I want for Christmas is to be a two income household again. No, I don't want to have to get a second job to be able to do that. I'm certain Reno wants this 1000 times more than I do. The number of people with this on their wish list is staggering. I want to not worry about the economy, the cost of health care and whether I'll die of taxation instead of natural causes.

Yes, Santa, I'm feeling a little bitchy right now. If tonight was Christmas Eve I'd caution you to think twice about the cookies and milk. They might leave a bitter taste in your mouth.

No, Santa, I'm not usually like this. I try so hard to say on the nice list. Of late many of us are bearing more weight on our shoulders than you carry in your sleigh. And right now a well said Ho-Ho-Ho isn't going to mean jack-chit. Maybe I should be sending this letter to the White House instead of the North Pole. But at least, I know you'll read this.

Perhaps now that I've vented, writing a happy holidays letter will be easier. For I know, in my heart of hearts, we are blessed. But sometimes crabby happens even in this seasons of all seasons. I promise if I encounter you in the house delivering gifts not to bitch-slap you. And, I'll tell the dogs not to growl at you either. Well, no promises with Sophie, she doesn't much like men. Even ones bearing gifts.

No comments: