Sunday, December 26, 2010

Smarter

I'd like to think that on this round of puppy hood, that we are smarter than your average bear. Without a doubt we are. That's making fostering them easier, plus they are so darned cute you can't help but adore them.

Major kudos go to the gal who met them when they came into the world and nurtured them their first 8 weeks. She said yes to the two pregnant females who needed a place to give birth and enter rescue. She is our hero! In fact, we figured if she could handle those 21 puppies, we ought to be able to handle two. Oh, did I mention she handled all 21 single handed? Her husband is serving our country, while she serves these puppies. She is a much braver (or crazier) woman than I!! But I love her. How could you not? Plus she has the puppies litter box trained - how smart is that!

Now, before they arrived, a group of my friends were betting how long it would take for the puppies to steal my heart. Minutes, days, hours were suggested. You can imagine my surprise when Reno fell hook, line and sinker before we were even home with them. Talk about a role reversal. It's always me saying why don't we get another dog, or another foster, or two. He is always the voice of reason. Yes, I had my surprised face on at his comment. He even asked if foster homes get a reduce adoption price! Holy crap - he's becoming me!! This could be trouble!

You just never know sometimes what saying yes to one thing will lead you too. It led a wonderful lady in CO to 21 puppies. It led us to two. Is it smart? Oh, yes. Opening your heart to love always is.

No comments: