Friday, December 31, 2010

Year End Musings

I have to laugh. Here we are again, ready to say good bye to one year and say hello to another. Why am I laughing? Because it beats the alternative.

It's been a hard year, but not for us any more than for others. It's been a blessed year, for which we pause to give thanks. I used to be anxious about beginning a new year. Now I figure it might not be a bad thing.

How do you sum up a year of your life? Well, I figure I let the dogs in and out close to 6,570 times. Probably more than that, but I'm not known for my mathematical skills. Where do I sign up for someone to sponsor my trips to let the dogs in/out? I'm not asking much. Just think of the potential if my sponsor contributed a nickel for every time I went to the door? That would be pretty sweet. Wouldn't someone like to be the "proud sponsor of ME"?

I'm guesstimating I did 35-40 pet therapy visits. I laughed far more than I cried, but there were some weepy days. I scooped a lot of poop. I sang more praises for the dogs (good dog Mick, Hank, & Sophie), than I lamented bad dogs. I wrote 178 blogs. I prayed...and only God can count that high!

So there you have it. I didn't move mountains, but I hope I moved some hearts and helped some dogs. I didn't get rich, but I have many riches. I laughed, and I plan to laugh my way, with dogs at my side, into the New Year.

3 comments:

Janicekg said...

Happy New Year Nancy, thank you so much for your continuing thoughts on dogs and life.

Unknown said...

WHAT KIND OF DOG IS IT AND HOW TALL FROM HEAD TO FRONT PAWS.

N. Bachmann said...

Bellicoseandra - which dog are you referring to? Almost all the dogs I right about are purebred English Pointers.