Saturday, December 11, 2010

Puppies in our Thots

It is with a sad heart I share that one of the Pointador Puppies crossed the bridge yesterday. Their foster Mom awoke to find Karat, unresponsive and seizuring. She raced the pup to the vet but to no avail. How heartbreaking for her, for us, for all who have been rooting for these 21 pup's. Life is so precious and little lives are especially fragile. What we are all taking comfort from is that God must have needed a puppy too and chose Karat first. Rest in peace little one, rest in peace.

Adoption applications continue to come in for the other Pointadors, and one of them is being adopted to a family here in NE. I've done many home visits in Omaha for other rescues, but this was the first time I was able to do one for Pointer Rescue. May I just say, this future NE resident is one lucky dog! This puppy is well loved already!!! And they haven't even gotten the pup yet.

Plans are in the works to transport this newly adopted pup, and two other Pointadors coming here for fostering. I mean that literally. In spite of saying I wouldn't ever do a puppy again, I found myself saying we'd foster a couple of them. What was I smoking that day?

I'm totally trusting in the premise that puppies get adopted fast. Plus, others are partnering with us to help with the food expenses, and I'm told the pups are litter box trained. It will be fun, I keep telling myself!! Frankly, why get just a little crazy when you can go all the way.

Needless to say.....puppies are on the brain. RIP little Karat, enjoy your forever home across the bridge. And, keep us in your prayers as we em-bark on this new adventure in fostering.

No comments: