Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Catalog Shopping

People used to window shop.  Me?  I'm a catalog shopper.  Not a catalog buyer, just a shopper.  And, I must say it, I am sometimes overcome with envy at the "lives" portrayed in catalogs.

Yesterdays mail brought an awesome dog catalog.  I am amazed at dogs who are able to sit, or lie still for a photograph, while posed on a lovely microfiber top of the line dog bed.  They look perfect.   The dog beds, out of this world!!  Oh!  If I had one that nice I'd crawl into it at night when the dogs are in our bed. 

Plush, soft, cozy, warm beds, blankets, coats for our four footed friends.  I'm not saying that some dogs don't live quite happily that way, just not mine!  For one of mine it's just not a blanket unless it has a hole in it.  I can imagine what he'd do with a bolstered, cushioned, padded fleecy bed.  Not to mention the stuffing on the inside.

So I look at the pin-up dogs and the lovely bedding shown in the perfect world of catalog life.  I say awwww at the puppies and the senior's in the photographs.  I know I've got dogs who, if they could sit and not wag their tail at the same time, are catalog handsome. 

And, because I'm a generous person by nature, I'd be happy to test some of those beds for durability and comfort.  I promise not to chew on them, but I can't speak for my dogs.

No comments: