Saturday, November 28, 2009

RIP - I think not....

The phrase 'rest in peace' has been rubbing me wrong all week.  It's not what I want for Kobe and Maddie.  Don't get me wrong, it's not that I want them to be suffering at all.  But, anyone who owns dogs knows peace may not be what they are best at. 

I want Kobe to be free of the arthritis that made him so gimpy, so he can chase tennis balls and chew the fuzz right off them.  I want him to be able to climb onto soft warm beds, on the other side of the bridge, to nap on a pillow top in the sunshine.  I want him to feel good enough to be a wee bit naughty.  I want his tail to thump nonstop like it used to.

I want Maddie to run full tilt after the balls.  And, I pray there is a ball thower in heaven who's arm never gets tired.  Let her swim in ponds and have pillows all to herself.  Let her be a puppy again, surrounded by her kids.

If there is peace involved, let it come to me and  may it be peace of mind.  Let the joy of being a dog, as God so wonderfully created them, be their reward.  May treats rain from the sky, and sunshine warm their days.  And please, Lord, may they watch over me until we meet again.

No comments: