Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sifting and Sorting

The process continues, at Mom's house, in life, with our dogs.  Sifting and sorting, finding, keeping, storing, releasing, opening up and letting go.

Warning, this process involves trash!  Of course, what is one man's trash is another man's treasure.  We see this in animal rescue all the time.  I see this just by looking at the three pups snoozing at my feet.  Definitely my life has been blessed with someone else's trash!  Sure makes you wonder doesn't it??

We found the coolest old wooden tool box in the basement yesterday at my Mom's.  Maybe my Dad made it, maybe his Dad made it, who knows.  Granted, no one else found it cool, or even useful.  We did.  Truthfully, I had trouble finding excitement in going through old tools at first.  Each of my brother's found a few pieces to take home.  But I doubt they were as excited with the old tools as Reno was.  Perhaps it takes a special old tool to recognize cool old tools.  And, I say that in the nicest possible way!!  He was excited with the treasures so I was too.  I do wonder if they are simply moving from one work area to another and still won't be used.  But, for a brief moment they were handled and appreciated. 

Perhaps that is all that matters.  Recognition, use, appreciation.  Sorted, sifted, saved.  What may have been trashed, instead will be treasured.  Amazing things happen when we take time to treasure.

No comments: