Sunday, March 14, 2010

So So Sophie

I'm beginning to think that in another life that Sophie was a yappy miniature lap dog with neat freak tendencies.  No doubt she dreamed of being a pointer, and her wish came true.  Anything not in it's proper place gets a good barking at.  Once the bathroom tile project is finished I think she'll relax some. 

Case in point, the shop vac in the hallway is a source of great consternation.  Such a barkable object.  Hoses, attachments, a big canister, and a long power cord.  She has nosed it, bumped it, pawed at it, sniffed it, and pounced at it.  Other people have wubba's, we have shop vac's.  It does provide infinite opportunities to work on the "leave it"  and the "quiet" command.

Sophie has decided Mickey is a worthy playmate.  As I'm trying to write, they are playing that mouthy pointer game, with few wrestling moves thrown in for good measure.  Only problem being they are doing this under my desk managing to pull both the keyboard and the mouse off the tray!!!  I am certain I could blog in about ten minutes flat if there weren't little issues like this to interrupt me.

As I was saying, when the keyboard went flying,  Sophie loves to play with Mick.  Mick, a typical man, only plays to get Sophie to stop bugging him to play.  Mickey obviously was a boy friend or husband in another life.  Mr. Hanky is not a player, which is a good thing in men, but not so much with a silly girl like Sophie around. Once in a while she can engage Hank,  but Mick must be an easier target. 

Still I can't complain too much.  Seeing Sophie play is worth it.  Seeing her tail wag as she plays even better.  Seeing her just be a dog, although with wife-like tendencies, is a hoot.   She is so so Sophie, and pretty darned adorable at that.

 

No comments: