Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring!!!!

How to explain how happy we are to see the sun, to not be walking in snow or mud?  To see the daffodils peek up in the garden, the grass greening up, to feel 50+ temps again.  I say all this knowing rain and snow is in the forecast tomorrow.  Today, though, I'm in the sunshine moment.  Bring on the natural vitamin D!!  Oh ya!

I took advantage of this weather to work on the spring yard clean up.  And it brings me to one important question.  Who's been pooping in my yard??  I am 100% certain it ain't a pointer.  None of the resident poopers leave tiny piles like this.  The resident piles I can identify.  These little ones - definitely not from our dogs.  Hmmm.....

In the warmth of the sun all three dogs got brushed today.  Hank about bowls me over for the spa treatment.  Hank about bowls Mick over as well to get a second brushing come to think of it.  Sophie is learning the brush is a good thing.  Getting brushed in the warm sun, even better. 

Sophie is also learning about being on the zip line.  If only I could capture the look on her face when she's on it and can't go any further.  Head up pulling on the lead, tail tucked, eyes big with a "HowCouldYou-WhatDoIDoNow-GetMeOffThis-IWannaGoInside-WhyMoreTorture" look.  Poor chicken little, so many things to learn.

All of this comes with patience.  The grass will grow, the flowers open, and Sophie will blossom.  And our hearts will be lighter because it's Spring time. 

No comments: