Wednesday, August 25, 2010

This & Thats

This is the good news, Sophie is almost completely invisible fence trained. She's still dragging a leash, but only because I'm chicken about removing it. She tried to tell me she is ready today by chewing off about 5" inches of it. That will teach me to get sidetracked when I bring her inside.

She did make a mad dash across the yard on the tail of a bunny today. My heart stopped as I thought she was going to bolt clear through the boundary. Not sure how she did it, but in the nick of time she cornered miraculously and averted crossing the boundary. Phfewwww.....

I recently spent 4 1/2 days complete dog free. No, it wasn't easy. But, yes it was worth it. I traveled to WA state to spend time with my Uncle and Aunt. I will 'fess up to the fact he's always been my favorite Uncle. No, he was not my only Uncle. It meant the world to me to spend time with them.

Now I'm back..... I know Sophie is breathing easier now that I'm home. Hank is like Velcro and Mick asked if I'd been gone. I think Reno is glad I'm back too.

It is always a delight to leave home, and a blessing to return. My thanks to my Uncle and Aunt for time in their presence, and for Reno for keeping the home fires burning. And that, is the this and that, of that.

No comments: