Thursday, February 26, 2009

Garage Heaven

My truck is parked in the garage. For most people, not an unusual event. Makes me wonder why they call it a garage anyway. Isn't it a car-age after all?

All the kudos go to Reno for cleaning the garage enough to fit my truck in there again. It is amazing how much stuff we have/had out there. The combination of two households about 15 months ago certainly added to the problem. Then of course there is the ebb and flow of terracotta pots, the huge salt water aquarium that my son didn't take when he left home, or when he left home again, or any of the times we called to say come get this ****tank out of the garage.

Of course there are ladders out there. My ladders - that belonged to my Dad. Reno's ladders, one of which belonged to his Dad. Ladders, a 6 ft and an extension ladder that an old boyfriend never came back for. I wonder what the statute of limitations is on ladders. Are they legally mine? I've had them for about 3 yrs now.

For a while last winter I did have indoor parking privileges, then over the summer the space was somehow refilled with.......stuff. But, alleluia, now the stuff has been sorted, pitched, shuffled, ditched, tossed, boxed, hung, stacked and reorganized. Voila - room for my truck inside again.

Yes, I know Spring is fast approaching and that I/we scraped windows most of the winter. Progress is never as fast as one hopes. But progress is, and always will be, something to celebrate.

No comments: