Monday, February 23, 2009

Mmmmmm Popcorn

It seems there is a link between dogs and popcorn that I have not fully explored.

A forever home, that adopted a foster of mine, wrote with obvious pride that Pete finally learned some eye-schnozzle coordination and can now catch popcorn when it's tossed to him. Whoohoo!! It's his new favorite game. A potential adopter wrote in his application that he knows Pointers love to hunt all day then lay on the couch and eat popcorn. Now, I don't hunt all day, but I'm always willing to stop what I'm doing to sit on the couch and eat popcorn.

This is pretty exciting stuff we are talking about here. Pete can catch popcorn. While Maddie would contend that any dog can do that, well, except the pointers. Sidney, Mickey and Kobe are totally impressed with Pete's new skill.

I've decided that we need to slow down, sit on the couch more often, and eat popcorn. My dogs exposure to this finer thing is life has been sorely neglected. I suspect my ability to catch popcorn thrown at me pretty much sucks too. But, we can work on this. Bowl by bowl, kernel by kernel, batch by batch of popcorn.

Let the fun begin.

No comments: