Sunday, February 1, 2009

Glory Days

It would not be an understatement to say I am not much of a football fan. Even living in Huskerland - I'm not much interested. I'm sure the whole state of NE is frowning on me right now. However, as I write, I'm wearing a Steeler's ball cap. No, it's not mine, but it was lent to me to increase the team "karma". I was warned, not to get any girl germs or cooties on it. Oh, brother. When it comes to karma I don't think girl germs matter.

At the beginning of the game there was as much action in the living room as Sidney and Mickey played as on the field. I think Reno worked hard to acclimate Sidney to sudden noises and yelling at the top of your lungs. Both dogs gave him the "hey buddy, what gives?" look, but otherwise took the commotion in stride. Whenever Sidney goes to his forever home, sudden cheering during football games will not upset him and we have Reno to thank for that.

Half time was good. Sidney looked at me when they introduced the Boss. As far as he's concerned I am the Boss and always will be. But, Sid, the Boss and I all know you have to celebrate those Glory Days.

In Sidney's life the glory days came from a small airplane ride from Oklahoma to the state of Nebraska. And we celebrate his touchdowns and all the other strides he's made in our care.

While I am touched to wear someones favorite Steeler's cap, I'll gladly return it, probably with a couple cooties in it for good measure. With all the karma flowing here - he probably won't even notice. But, I'll be sure to tell him.....

No comments: