Saturday, February 28, 2009

Nausea

I was home sick yesterday. I wanted nothing more to lay in bed and rest. I visualized warm blankets, the dogs snuggled in with me, gentle comfort. There was one problem - dogs don't understand nausea. The whole concept of lay still, don't bark at noises in the neighborhood, this is not a good time for wrestling, please don't bounce on the bed was lost on them.

They were all about one thing, and I was all about another. Sidney got some valuable lessons. That being, after Mom lets you out, you don't get dibs on her spot in the bed. The Mom always gets first pick, especially when she's not feeling good. Who knew Mom's could growl too.

There were times of quiet napping. Followed by rowdy play, jumping off the bed and racing in the hallway. By evening, about the same time snow moved into the city, the dogs settled. Peace reigned, and nausea began to recede. Ahhh, rest.

No comments: