Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Nag?

It has been suggested that I have the tendency to nag. Holy cow!! That got me thinking. I know I am a worrier, but a nag and a worrier? The fact I only have a tendency is a good thing.

I pondered this all the way to work. The definition of nag is: to annoy by persistent faultfinding, complaints, or demands. Wow - them thar's fighting words. Maybe I'm not a nag, perhaps I'm a consistent reminder. Could be I'm not a nag, but I believe in training by repetition. This led to further thought. Are all women Nags? Truly, I think not. Men can nag too - they just probably have a manly name for it. Notice how it is usually men who call women naggers? I wonder why that is?

Yes, I'll own I gave a few reminders. If one gives them every couple weeks is that still nagging? In my defense, they were not faultfinding, complains, or demands. I think they were more gentle suggestions. Is it my fault they were not graciously received??? It could have been the power of suggestion at work and not nagging at all.

Okay, I'll admit to a teensy weensy bit of pushing. But not nagging by definition. I think it's important to own up to character flaws like this. I may be a character, but I'm not really a nagger. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And yes, I am always open to feedback - just don't nag me, ok??

1 comment:

misanthrope said...

You are totally not a nag! Reno should just do what you say & all would be well.