Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Strange but true.....

I have a friend who once commented that it wasn't normal to be upbeat all the time. Well, I have to say I don't admit to being entirely normal.

So for her I have to say I'm a little bummed, I have the blues, I'm not feeling very perky. My optimism tank is a little low right now. I'm worried, I'm tired, I'm not feeling very rev'd up and ready to go. If I was a baseball player I'd be having a home run slump. If I was a writer, I'd be having writer's block. If I was a governor of a state we won't mention by name I'd have been impeached.

I'm at an in between stage and don't feel like there is much to look forward too. No, I won't hurt myself, and this too shall pass. It could be winter has me in it's dismal grasp. I need some color, some warmth, some time in the garden. I need to laugh and giggle until I am ready to wet my pants. I need to run away for the weekend, or even better for a week to some tropical place with tiny paper umbrella's in the beverages. Give me a cabana boy to wait on me hand and foot and I'd be a happy camper.

Funny how we have all we really need, and sometimes we still feel something is missing. Maybe it is the absence of hope, the reduction of faith. Maybe the news, and all the bad news it gives us weighs heavy on our heart.

Perhaps we are too serious and need a dose of silliness. Sign me up for some of that!! It may be just what the Doctor ordered.

No comments: