Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hope

Some of us forget to hope.  Some of us doubt hope.  Some of us doubt ourselves and in the process dash our hopes.  Hope is like the nose of the dog that gently prods us for attention.  Hope is like the nose of the dog that frantically prods us for attention.  Hope is like the nose of the dog that pokes it's ice cold nose against our warm and unsuspecting belly.  It's always there.  It's persistent.  It's hard to ignore (mostly).  Perhaps that nose the nudges us is divine motivation.  Couldn't we all use more of that.

Case in point, I've "known" forever I'm going to write a book.  Doubt has kept me from moving forward.  Doubt keeps many people from moving forward and trusting that the unknown outcome will totally be blessed.  We use excuses.....I don't want to fail again, the time is not right, it's too much work, I don't know what to say, I want to do something really grand but never actually try to do that, I don't know what to write about, I don't know how.  Uggghhhh!!! 

So, back to the nose the nudges you.  Believe in it.  Welcome it.  Trust it.  Follow it.  Acknowledge it.  And if all else fails pet it. 

No comments: