Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Just Yesterday

Wasn't it just yesterday we were getting ready for Thanksgiving?  Remember when we said I'll think about that after Christmas?  And that time seemed very far away.  Well, it's almost Christmas and those other things are looming ahead.  In other words time flies.

Boy howdy does it fly.  I remember nursing my first son by the light of the Christmas tree. He's 26 now!   I remember nursing my second son by the light of the Christmas tree.  I remember all the Christmas' I read the story the Life and Adventures of Santa Claus to the kids.  I remember the Christmas I spent in a cast because of a badly broken ankle.  I remember the year the tree fell down because of  operator error on the tree stand.  I remember the year the tree fell down thanks to the shenanigans to a certain pointer and a certain dobe.  Names withheld to protect the guilty.  I remember the year I decided to leave my mistle toe up permanently, and love came back into my life.  It's still up, I'm not taking any chances. 

And it was just today that Mickey and I did pet therapy with a certain Reindog named Jack.  Now, Mick is always Mr. Decorum and Jack is always comic relief.  They make a great pair.  Although I will say a goofy golden retriever with antlers is way more entertaining the a staid English Gentleman.  Perhaps Jack envy's Mick's mild mannered appearance.  I'm certain Mick admires his hooligan friend Jack.  Either way they are awesome.

So there you are...a little trip down memory lane...and two dogs making holiday visits at the hospital.  May you find time this week for happy memories of yesteryear, and create some new ones as well.  Remember time flies, may it fly like two happy souls with tails a wagging. 

No comments: