Monday, December 28, 2009

Shades of Kobe

Kobe was what we call a Winter Grazer.  In a way that was a big help to me.  Kobe liked to graze among the frozen poopsicles in the yard.  So in a way he helped me clean the yard which in the winter was a Godsend.  Sometimes one must overlook slight character flaws for there is still much beauty to be found in that gentle heart.  Truth be told we all have some slight flaws like this.

Mr. Hanky brought back shades of Kobe the other night.  I mean this literally and figuratively!  Kobe would have been so proud of his lemon-headed friend.  Mr. Hanky had the audacity to run into the house with a frozen treat.  I understand the slight character flaw part of this episode.  I understand the cold weather and blizzard might have momentarily addled Hanks brains.  I understand he wanted in and quickly at that. 

But this is, and I'm offering a warning for ALL the dogs of the world, this is a major faux paw!  One must never, I repeat never bring frozen treats into the house.  Perhaps Kobe in his moments of nibbling bliss forgot to mention this rule to Hank.   Or, perhaps he deliberately didn't share this important tidbit of information.  If so, Kobe is still chuckling over this incident on the other side of the bridge. 

It was not a happy moment in the fold, but I'm thinking-hoping-praying it won't happen again.  Offending the Goddess of All That Is Good In Life is not recommended.   Leaving the treat when Mom said to is good, but hiding it for discovery later was not the best idea.  Oh yes, it was discovered!!  Perhaps you heard the roof raise momentarily?  Followed by a certain four-letter word.  Yes, it began with S and ended with T. 

They say it happens, and I agree.  Happy shades of Kobe, hilarious escapades of Hanky.  Fair warning for all the others - outside grazing while gross, is always better than inside grazing. 

No comments: