Monday, December 14, 2009

It's Beginning to Look....

.......a lot like Christmas.  Which is good because if we wait much longer we'll miss it.

We began yesterday moving one chair to make room for the Christmas tree.  Well, it rather snowballed from there.  One chair, then two chairs, then the coffee table, Hank's crate, the other chair, the secretary desk,  the sofa, the pathetic looking ponytail palm and the area rug.  Then we got cleaning spots on the carpet, which then led to vacuuming the vertical blinds.  And, then things had to be rearranged in the basement to make room for things from the front room.  It was a long process, but eventually the tree was placed.....phfewwww.

It was suggested Hank's crate go down the basement too.  We used to have all the crates down there, but I've grown accustomed to the look of one in the front room.  I just couldn't do it.  Of course, he's rarely in it when I'm home, but I couldn't bare to move it.

When the tree lighting began we saved a string for Hank's crate.  Last year Sidney had twinkle bulbs on his crate.  This year Hank has the fishing bobber string of lights on his crate.  Very festive.  It seems a new traditon has begun.  I need to find a string of lights that looks like Milk Bones for next year.  If anyone sees one please let me know.

I think tonight we'll actually decorate the tree.  Yes, I know others have had their tree up since Thanksgiving, we just aren't one of those families.  In January I'll go to market and buy all the Fall/Christmas items for next season.  For someone who shops 12 months out for the next season you'd think I wouldn't be scrambling to do my own tree. 

All I can say is better late than never.  Perhaps my goal next year is to get the dog crate decorated right after Thanksgiving.  That way I can baby-step my way to Christmas.   Wonder what that would be like?  I'll probably never know.  I seem to be more suited to scrambling, rushing, dashing, galloping, racing, darting, sprinting and hustling my way through the season.  What can I say - it's just the way I am.

No comments: