Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Little Gifts

Each of my siblings and our kids are getting a small gift from my Mom this Christmas.  Technically, it's from me, but in another way it's straight from my Mom.

In cleaning out her house we founds stacks, piles, folders, envelopes, books, trays, and boxes with clipped out recipes and cleaning tips.  Obviously, she had a lot more cooking and cleaning to do.  All of us have gotten her cooking genes.  I, however, was out-of-town on the day they passed out cleaning genes. 

I've prepared 13 envelopes each containing some recipes Mom hand wrote, recipes she clipped out, and some cleaning tips.  I think our mission is to try at least one recipe in her honor.  Any of the cleaners are welcome to my cleaning tips as I probably won't need them.

It's a little gift, a little remembrance, a little memory and a little way to help clean out the house.  Of course it shows what a pack rat I tend to be, but at least I'm sharing the wealth.  It helps to know she's still with us and she's cooking up a storm.

No comments: