Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Don't Mind Me

If Hank could talk he'd say "don't mind me, I'll make myself right at home". Of course he'd also say, "I'll be your shadow thank you very much."

He's laying at my feet right now as I type. Last night he wandered into the spare bedroom, pulled a sheet off the pile waiting to go to the laundry room, and dragged it over to the computer room. He curled up on it and laid down. He'd be laying on it right now except Miss Maddie is laying between Hank and his blanket. You have to love a guy who gets his own sheets and makes his own bed.

I have to wonder what his life experience was before he came into rescue. How could someone not miss this wonderful boy. He's joyful, easy going, crates easily. Doesn't seem to know what to do with toys, but treats are not new to him. He's tried to help with the keyboard once, and tried to visit the top of Reno's desk (only once), but other than than he's doing great. Oh sure, he did try to see how far a sweatshirt sleeve would stretch and if socks were portable, but other than that he's doing great.

For being completely small animal driven, he did (as did all the other "hunting" dogs in the family) sleep through the wild turkey in the neighbors yard yesterday. Their watch must end after dinner is served.

If Hank could talk he'd say, "hey, I kinda like it here. Don't mind me, I'll just make myself right at home. Ahhhhh, foster care - life is good."

No comments: