Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Finicky to Funny

Two of the dogs, Mickey and Maddie, have become finicky eaters. I'm hoping when our new foster comes later today that Mickey will become more active and his appetite will pick up again. Maddie is probably not eating as well because her activity level is lower due to her ACL repair. Good news is she's beginning to use that paw - whohoo!!! And Kobe, well, he never has been a picky eater. He eats like we are serving fillet mignon every day twice a day! He always tap dances and whoo-whoo's until I get his meal ready. He's not only hungry, but demanding!

On a funny note, I was at Cabela's yesterday with Reno and his son. They looked at almost every item in the store, with me wandering aimlessly behind them. By happy circumstance we ran into my son and two of his buddies there. Imagine that! Not. It's turkey season and that seems to bring the hunter guys out in droves, or would that be flocks?

So some of my favorite guys, all five of them, were drawn to the aisle with turkey calls. Like kids in a candy store they were. Such focus, such enthusiasm, such "I've got to try them all" or I'll simply die behavior from adult men!! One would have thought they were the ones puffing up their tail feathers and strutting. Perhaps they were.

I had to laugh at the visual of this, and the noise they were joyously making. Add to that the discussion of camo, shotgun shells and missed opportunities it was amusing.

Now, I have no desire to join in the turkey hunt. Obviously my strutting and squawking days never made it to the field for turkey hunting. I believe I stay home with the finicky eaters. And I'll be quite happy to do so.

No comments: