Saturday, April 25, 2009

Enthusiasm

Let me give you a visual of Hank at feeding time. He waits quietly in his crate while I fix his food. When I put his bowl in his crate the entertainment begins. Remember the cartoon that shows the really high platform diver? The one who dives into a little bucket of water? Well this is Hank as he dives into his bowl searching for his Satin Ball. That divine meatball of hamburger, oatmeal, peanut butter, cream cheese, eggs, wheat germ and a little garlic powder is totally Hankalicious. He dives in for it and kibble flies all over. The meat ball, OMG, where is the meatball! His enthusiasm more than makes up for the other finicky eaters around here.

The fun continues when he goes to the door with you to go outside. There he is like a Lipizzaner Stallion. Leaping up, leaping up, leaping so amazingly up!! Someone needs to tell him leaping up repeatedly does not enhance my ability to get him leashed to go outside.

But, you have to love his zest for food and the great outdoors. Come to think of it, I get excited about those same things myself. Although I do draw the line at platform diving, and my leaping days are over too. Well, except for leaps of faith and jumping for joy.

No comments: