Friday, April 10, 2009

Reading My Mind

I know the dogs are smarter than we think. They know our routine inside and out. They may appear to be snoozing away innocently in the land of doggy dreams, but nooooo, they are totally aware of us.

Sometimes, they even know what we are thinking. Without words or actions. Case in point. I decided yesterday to give Miss Maddie a bath. Her favorite boy arrives today, and I wanted her clean and shiny. I also wanted her groomed, but that part didn't get done. So, it was going to be into the tub for the deluxe shampoo. As soon as I said her name, she knew. She gets up, heads down stairs and goes right into her crate. Doing her best impression of a dog that is completely deaf. Her look clearly said, if I can't hear you, it can't be bath time. See how cute I am in the back of my crate, see how comfy I am, surely you don't want to disturb me.

An invitation to all the dogs to go outside had her out of the crate in an instant. She's not the only one who can play mind games. On her way back inside I scooped her up and off to the water torture we went. Funny how dogs who love the water also loath it when its for bathing purposes.

Ahhh, but the end result. One clean, shiny princess ready for her boy. We can't wait.

No comments: