Friday, April 24, 2009

Play Is Good

Mickey and Hank have finally decided to play. I've been suggesting it was time all week. But just like with teens (and sometimes men) until it is their idea one ought to just save their breath. I know that, but will it ever stop me - I don't think so.

Today it happened. And, naturally, play was initiated underneath the kitchen table while I was sitting there. They have the whole house, but beneath my legs is the best place. Of course, that depends on who you ask.

It was that silly pointer game. The open mouth, not really biting at one another, a little head butting and posturing, funny vocalization (as only a dog can do), trying to wind between Mom's legs play. Don't get me wrong - play is good!! And I was delighted! I wonder if this is a pointer thing? I have had labs, dobe and cockers, plus the resident springer. Only the pointers initiate this game.

I have to wonder what they are saying to each other. My guess Mick was egging Hank on. "Come on Newby, show me your stuff. Bring it on Farm Boy. Think you're special, getting all the attention from Mom lately? Think again hot stuff, she loved me first." Or, maybe it was normal guy talk. Play? Sure. End of conversation. Game on.

Either way, play is good and the fun is just beginning.

No comments: