Monday, May 4, 2009

Lazy - Litter - Lounging

There are three dogs lazily littering the hallway lounging away as I write. If I moved, I couldn't take one step without stepping on Kobe. If I moved, I couldn't take two steps without stepping on Hank. Maddie is a little further down the hallway. As the only female dog here, she couldn't really be expected to commune with the males could she? And, Mickey, well he's lounging on my pillow. He's not as much of a Momma's boy/girl as the others are.

They may be sleeping, but one upward move from me and they would be up and ready to move too. Personally, I love the company. Soft snoring, occasional stretching, a really rank fart or two. Yes, I'm still referring to the dogs.

Funny how much better the dogs are at lounging than we are. Amusing how lazy they can be. Perhaps they are here to set an example for me. After a ten hour work day, I'm having trouble winding down. Not the dogs. They nap after a nap. I need more practice at that.

They don't need anything more from me, at this immediate moment, than my company. I feel exactly the same way. I should be so content so much of the time. I believe I'll work on that. And of course, the first step is by getting some sleep.

No comments: