Saturday, May 2, 2009

Noodles, Knuckles and Nancy

I have the tendency to call Hank, and sometimes the others "noodle nose" (a nickname handed down from former foster dog Pete), "knuckle butt", one of Reno's favorites "nimnal" (not sure that's even a word) or "nerd bait". Now that I put those all in print I feel the distinct need to apologize for verbal abuse. In fact, when I called Hank knuckle butt this morning he gave me one of those "helloooo" are you nuts looks?? I don't have any knuckles on my butt!!

As I was giving the dogs their morning lovings today I gave pause to think. I have the best life. I do! That's not to say there are not issues, challenges, worries, hardships, and problems. But all of those things recede when there is a dog (or two or three or four) needing some loving. When you are supported by friends, surrounded by love and buoyed by faith it can't help but lead to a great life.

I only hope I give as much as I have received. And that I laugh way more than I cry, bitch, fuss, whine, or nag. I hope. And that's a very good thing.

So as I pause to behold the most thought provoking question of the day - which dog just let a big nasty one rip - I'm sure it's one of those knuckle butts that make my life just the best. The best comes with all kinds of graces, including some smelly canine graces.

No comments: