Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Thots

Every Spring I have a part-time job. I do some planting for a client. Well, really, she's a friend, more than just a client. I go out and plant her patio pots. There are 23 of them. The fun part is going to the nursery and selecting whatever I think she needs. I'm like a kid in a candy shop. It's usually two full loads in my SUV. Her dogs, a lab, an English springer, and a little white poodley dog always keep me company as I work. It is the perfect job.

It was just a year ago this time that Pete was adopted. Hard to believe it's his one year owner-versary already. I can remember crying as I picked out plants because my foster dog was leaving. To this day I give thanks he found such a wonderful forever home.

So this Spring we have Hank with us. Running the same zip line that Pete did, and Sidney did. I had Hank's leg looked at again today. The swelling is not fluid filled like we hoped. We've done (I say that like I held the needle) a needle biopsy and the cells have been sent to the lab for examination. As soon as the cytology report comes back, tomorrow or Thursday, we'll have a better idea what we are dealing with.

Fostering is truly a Forrest Gump experience. You never know what you are going to get. So we wait, and love this boy named Hank. And we'll see where life leads him. If it's a simple thing, all the better. If not, we'll see him through it.

In the interim, I give thanks for the work I did today, for Pete's owner-versary, and for Mr. Hanky.

No comments: