Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ears and Sighs

I was snuggling with Hank this morning. He was warm and lazy, I was lazy and wanted to be warm. Plus he was on my side of the bed so I curled up him for a while.

Ever notice how expressive a dogs ears are? It's completely amazing. Beyond their hearing ability, just the ear wiggling capacity! They say dogs have 16 muscles in their ears. That's a lot of muscles in that one area of the body. As much as they get used you would think they would have really buff ears.

This got me thinking, which may not be a good thing on a day off and early in the morning. I wonder if their ears ever get tired? I know my eye's get tired if I stare at the computer too long. I know my feet hurt after being on them all day. In my best Andy Rooney voice I have to say I wonder if dogs ears get tired? I suppose if I ever have a talking dog named Andy Rooney I'll probably find out.

I was also enjoying how Hank snuggled closer and then let out a big sigh. Funny how people sigh more out of frustration, or radical acceptance than pure pleasure. I've never seen a dog sigh because the line was too long, or traffic was bad, or because people are so stupid sometimes. They sigh for the absolutely right reason. Because life just can't possibly get any better.

I believe I'll give that a try.

No comments: