Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tranquility is Relative

I readily admit that the evil green monster of jealousy took root in my heart this morning. It was such a peaceful scene. Mick, Maddie and Hank, snuggled together with Reno in bed. Reno would want me to say the dogs were snuggling, he wasn't. I was jealous. Almost all my favorite two and four footed loves were warm, cozy and snoozing. I, however, was getting ready for work.

I took my envy into a hot shower. Where I intended to nurse it just a wee bit more. Now, truly, I have nothing to complain about. Sometimes we do anyway.

Several minutes into my shower I hear to sounds of Maddie warming up to the sound of a not so distant siren. In seconds she is enjoying a full accompaniment of Hank and Mick howling their hearts out beside her.

Suddenly, miraculously, heaven left the bed and stepped inside the warm shower behind closed doors. I didn't have it so bad after all. Tranquility is as fleeting as it is relative.

No comments: