Friday, March 6, 2009

Foster Updates

It is just the best when you get photo's and updates on a dog you have fostered. I got some new Pete pictures today. That just makes my day.

But I got to thinking - I haven't been very good at letting the gal who fostered Mickey know how he is doing. I'm not sure I can even find her. I thought I'd write this update for her, just the same.

Dear Mickey's Foster Mom:

You always said Mick was one cool dude, and you are right. He wears many hats here. When he does his pet therapy visits all the staff say he acts like a proper English gentleman. Serious, stoic, regal......can you believe this is Mickey we are talking about? In the yard he is the great liver and white hunter. I wouldn't say he's a discriminating hunter, any bird, squirrel, bunny, butterfly, bee, snake or frog will do. He is also the resident comic affectionately called dufus boy. He could give Gallagher a run for his money, but we don't let Mick near any watermelon's. He does have a penchant for chewing sometimes, pockets with Kleenex in them are a favorite, as are blankets and an occasional quilt. He sleeps best with his head on a pillow, tends to circle 3-5 times before laying down, and when he does he drops like a ton of bricks. No, I'm not complaining in any way (well, except for the quilts). He has come a long way from the 9 month old pup who dragged my iron down a flight of steps the first week he was with us.

Thank you for opening your heart to him and giving him a second chance. Thank you for trusting us with him. You are absolutely right - he's one cool dude. And, oh ya, we love him.

No comments: