Sunday, March 8, 2009

From Every Fan A Little **it Must Fly

A friend and I were discussing the nuances of life today. In great depth, over good coffee. So, maybe nuances slightly understates the situations. But as we all know "**it does hit the fan" sometimes. And I mentioned, that no matter how big our troubles may seem, we are pretty darned lucky and unbelievably well blessed. We also discussed the relief of stress through humor. I totally subscribe to that theory.

I understand others may not be able to laugh about life as we do. To them I'd like to apologize right up front. And I hope they learn to laugh soon - it makes life much more tolerable.

Case in point, my little issues are small right now compared to my friend's. But this is how I spent my day. I convinced Reno, with a fair amount of subversive female wiles that he was going to the Dr. today whether he wanted to or not. And bless his pea picking sinus infected head he did. He's on med's now and hopefully will be feeling much, much better soon. After the Dr's office, and a trip to the grocery store/pharmacy it was on to the next patient.

Maddie, our English Springer came up lame yesterday. While outside getting fire wood, I had thrown the ball for her. While running she let out a yelp and came back limping. We had hoped rest over night would ease her discomfort, but we couldn't see any improvement. Well, except for her learning to accommodate the pain and compensate for it physically. So after getting Reno settled I took Maddie to the vet.

You guessed it, worse case scenario - she ruptured her ACL. They are dropping like flies here folks. And I bet you can guess of the two patients who is tolerating treatment best?

Life is like this. This isn't the weekend off I was hoping for, but at least I know I didn't miss a career in the nursing profession. Reno needs to get well fast, I feel a case of cranky coming on.

So our little pile had a direct hit on the fan. C'est la vie. Or is it.....c'est la **it. This too shall pass, infections will heal, ACL's will be repaired and life goes on. And still, we don't have it so bad. At least I took the right patient to the right Dr. today. Although for a while I did think I'd need to borrow Maddie's leash and collar for you know who.

Good thing I love him........

No comments: