Sunday, March 22, 2009

Random Thots

I was laughing at work on Friday. Someone ditched a perfectly good door in the alley, and of course, it was deemed too good to throw away. I commented that they say when one door closes, another opens. But that when a completely new door is delivered something big must be about to happen. Of course, I meant big in a good way, perhaps I should have verbalized that part.

Today has been a better day, but then perhaps there was only room for improvement. I did tell Reno that in spite of it being a horridly sucky weekend, it was a good weekend because we shared it together. Sure makes me happy he's on my team.

It would have been a wonderful weekend to do yard/garden clean up, but without Sidney racing the yard, I didn't have the heart for it. I did manage to dig a few dandelions, prune a part of one rose bush, and do a little bunny reconnaissance project. It's only the 3rd day of Spring and Momma Bunny was trying to build a nest three feet from the front door. I'm surprised she didn't just wander inside and ask for a mid-wife and a wet-nurse. I got out the Liquid Fence and hopefully sent her packing.

I know tomorrow will be better. Just like I know the really hard days are when we are healing. I know Sidney crossed that bridge just like he'd launch himself up the stairs and dive into bed. He went full throttle and is yipping his way across pastures of butterflies. He's all about joy now, and I love that thought.

With that we end one week and begin another. Always life is good, even when life sends you tears.

No comments: