Monday, October 20, 2008

Birthday Boy

My little boy is going to be 25 tomorrow. How can that be?

Just yesterday I was bringing him home from the hospital on a sunny Fall day like today. Now he is tall, proud and has a beard like Abe Lincoln. He says he is not shaving until after hunting season. Which season, which year? Maybe I should have bought him some razors for his birthday.

There are a few things I'd like to tell him. No, it's not to late to figure out life. Most of us work on that journey every day. Yes, you can do anything you want. Of course, you have to be motivated for any change to happen. Why? Because I'm the Mom that's why - that will never change. Uh huh, rent happens at the old homestead when you come back for a brief stay. No, that doesn't apply to the summer between the school years in college. Go to college and you too can live here rent free during the summer. You have great seeds of faith planted in you - don't be afraid to water them. It's okay to make mistakes as long as you learn from them. You are smart and have a good heart. One can't ask for more than that.

Yes, I'd do it all over again. No, I didn't mean to be crabby. Especially all those times at Halloween when I was excessively crabby - I'm really sorry. And yes, you will always be my little boy - and don't ever forget - I love you.

Mom

No comments: