Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Take Your Vitamins

Take your vitamins. Do your homework. Make your apologies. Clean up your messes. Find time to give thanks. Laugh.

Hmmmm. I'm pretty good at giving the dogs their vitamins, but I am not so good at taking mine. I do my homework, but I am sort of a wait until the last minute person. Making apologies - giving them is sometimes as hard as accepting them. Cleaning - me? I'm supposed to do that?? Find time to give thanks - phfewww, something I excel at. Laugh - yea, two things I do well.

Take time to listen. Refuse to hold a grudge. Be light of heart. Expect good things.

Ahhh. listening - I can do that. That is if I remember to close my mouth and open my heart. Refuse to hold a grudge?? Not even a little one? Ohhhhh.......not so easy. Be light of heart - as in singing with abandon for the sheer joy of it. Laughing at yourself often, really often. Skipping, no really, can you be angry and skip? I don't think so. Stomp maybe, skip no. Expect good things. Repeat that one over and over until you do just that.

And few last tidbits. Set appropriate boundaries. Indulge yourself and those you love. Make more snow angels. Take time to pet the dogs and remember to smell the roses, or the chocolate chip cookies - your choice.

No comments: