Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Candy

It may, or may not come as a surprise that I sometimes keep a box of candy in the drawer next to my computer. It never hurts to have a secret stash of something sweet at hand. Usually it's a box of Dot's.

Opening a fresh box tonight got me thinking of Halloween candy and penny candy. Okay, I may be showing my age here. I remember coming home from trick or treating with a haul of candy, spreading out on the floor, sorting it, trading some, savoring the surplus. Dot's were a favorite back then, as were tootsie rolls, sixlets, necco wafers and snickers. Butter Fingers were always given to an older brother. Milk Duds (what kind of name is that anyway) were very low on palatability as far as I was concerned. Heck, I can still remember receiving popcorn balls for Halloween. I can also remember penny candy. For a quarter you could get a whole bag full of goodies. Now, for a quarter, I can get about 8 peanut M&M's from the machine in the break room at work. That is sometimes my incentive to make it from 3:30 until quiting time at 5pm-ish. It doesn't take much to motivate me.

Now while my favorite snack is potato chips and cheese, they are not as easy to stock in the drawer of your desk. So, the Dot's come to the rescue.

Oh yes, and don't forget the kit kats, three musketeers, and the Reese's pieces. So many possibilities.....I wonder if a mixed bag of Halloween candy will fit in that drawer, the 2 lb bag - of course.

No comments: