Saturday, October 11, 2008

Random Thots - NYC

I'm still riding the high of last weekend in NYC. Although, I noted while I was there I am the only one still wearing open toed shoes. That has been confirmed here in the Midwest as well. With the cooler weather women are getting their boots out. Like we won't have to wear them clear until March or April. Me? I make that change more slowly (reluctantly), and considerably less fashionably. I refuse to put on socks, boots or a coat until I absolutely have to. I adore this time of year when you neither have to air condition or heat. But I confess I'm looking forward to fire place weather.

I was thrilled, and continue to be thrilled at the number of dogs in the big city. Kudos to the responsible owners who get out there many times a day to walk their dogs, take them to the dog run, and clean up religiously after them. While I came home appreciating being able to just open the door and let my dogs out, I also stand and applaud those who get out and walk their dogs multiple times a day. You guys rock!!

Yes, there were a few rat sightings in the big city. Ewwwww. But the pigeon eating a leg of chicken on the curb was most disturbing. That is wrong on so many levels. I wonder if the organization "People for Pigeons" know this happens.

For the record we visited the oldest bar, oldest church, oldest pizza place, and the oldest deli in the city. Yes, we do have our priorities straight. An appreciation for history, sustenance, faith and dogs. It doesn't get much better than that.

No comments: