Thursday, October 9, 2008

Looks Like Trouble

I am slightly offended. I was working on some decorating yesterday and the dogs, of course, were right there with me. I have a 48" wreath that hangs over my mantle. It's a funky wreath with stems with no flowers on them, rose heads with no stems, strips of grocery bags woven in. I was ready to change it up so I got some new product to add to it.

We took it outside for dusting and later I went to work on it. Reno had gone up to bed, which left Mickey, Sidney and Maddie in the front room with me. Mick and Sidney were crashed out on the sofa, and Maddie snuggled into the recliner.

They snoozed away peacefully until I hauled the 6' ladder into the front room. At that point they were sneaking peeks while feigning sleeping to keep an eye on me. All was good until I started up the ladder with the wreath in tow. Truthfully, I had it all under control. At that point there was some mutual telepathic communication between the three dogs - it said - run, run for your life. All three high tailed it out of the front room. Helllooo??? Do I look dangerous? I guess I must.

Now, that wasn't so bad and I didn't take it too personally. This morning, however, I watched Reno step over three resting dogs while carrying his brief case and a large box of business stuff. Not a dog budged. Why didn't that set off the warning signals???

The likelihood of a misplaced foot was much greater than a giant wreath tumbling from 6' up. But the dogs weren't taking any chances,. Which, like I said, I find slightly offensive.

No comments: