Sunday, August 10, 2008

Crossing Over To the Blog Side

I have blogged in a small pond, so to speak. On a free forums site, and with an email list of friends who enjoy hearing about my life and the dogs who entertain me. I'm crossing over.

Will it make a difference in my blogs, maybe, maybe not. There is a possibility I'll reach a larger audience, but that is not why I write. I write because the words seem to come and I can only imagine the big guy upstairs wants me to share my gifts.

What I know most is my dogs, and my kids. At present there are five dogs in residence. Ten years ago, I had no dogs and very little experience with them. Thanks to a divorce and a yellow lab named Abby, I am where I am today.

House dogs include - two English pointers (Kobe and Mickey), and English springer spaniel (Maddie) our foster dog (Sidney - also an English pointer), and my son's lab (Decoy).

You know that saying life is not measured by the breaths we take......but rather by the moments that take our breath away (apologies to the author of that quote for not remembering it word for word). My life is measured in dogs and their delightful happenstance. It is measured in the comfort and joy of a doggy-dog world. It is seasoned with their antics, their optimism, their sense of being in the moment. It is about loving and letting go, and learning.

That said, every day we cross over. To a new chance to blog, to live, to laugh, to love.

No comments: