Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Who's Watching Me?

If the dogs could tattle on themselves - not likely that will ever happen - they would have a lot to say.

Last night, for example they'd have been ROFL at their counter surfing expedition. Decoy led the brigade, it involved toasted bread and corn on the cob. In my defense, which in retrospect lacks a fair amount of common sense, I did move the bread after the first snatching event. I pushed the bread back, and put the corn in front of it. I was heading upstairs to blog, then would return to finish kitchen clean up. Who would have though they'd eat corn on the cob, or rather corn, cob and all.

And secondly, I left two alert (so I thought), capable (so I thought) adults (strike 3 I'm out) watching them. OK, so maybe poor judgement on my part.

I'm typing away and hear some chewing, but can't identify the exact sound of it. So I get up and go to the stairs. There is Sidney with a small part of a corn cob. I have no doubt the Decoy got it for them. I have to wonder, did they eat across and back, or in circles around it. Either way, consume it they did.

Who got scolded in this scenario? Well, duh, the adults did. Myself included for not keeping an eye on the adults keeping an eye on the dogs. So if the dogs had asked (and maybe they really did) - who's watching me. The answer was no one. They weren't stupid, the coast was clear and corn was on the menu. Proof perhaps, that no one can resist fresh sweet corn.

No comments: