Thursday, August 14, 2008

Prices

I was noticing something interesting. First of all, gas was down all the way to $3.45 per gallon, and I was pretty excited about that. But then today the price jumped 16 cents. Go figure. Or not, because why strain your brain trying to figure that out.

The other odd thing I noticed, while at our local baseball stadium yesterday, is that the price of a tampon in the ladies room is still 25 cents. It's been that price since I started buying them, and is still that price long after I have a need for them. Either someone purchased a gazillion of them and is still selling at the original price, or no one ever purchases them. Hopefully, I don't jinx the price of tampons by commenting on them. If I do, don't hate me.

Some things are under priced, some are over priced, some prices won't stop escalating, some prices are a steal. Maybe we should stock up on those tampons.

Our pets are certainly one of the priceless things. And our kids are too, but raising them will price us right out of the ballpark. Still we wouldn't trade them for the world.

No price is too much in the form of our love, our time, our talent, our grin-and-bear it for our passions and families. If our love came in gallons, $3.45 a gallon would be a pittance. If our love came with paws it would be in the shape of our pets. No matter what shape it comes in, our love is, you guessed it, priceless.

No comments: