Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Feast for the Soul

There is nothing I like better than feeding my children. Tonight I got to feed my kids, some of their friends, and Reno's kids. The two footed children count was seven. The four footed count was up to six. Everywhere you turned were kids we love and dogs we love. Add some good wine, yummy food, chocolate dipped strawberries, lots of laughter and life is good.

I'm happy to report Kobe is like a new dog today. A change in med's made a 100% difference. Still not sure his problem is, possibly a flare up of a degenerating disc. But he's comfortable, which makes me more comfortable.

When it comes to things to be grateful for, old dogs, healthy kids and good food top the list. I love them all, but when it all comes together under one roof it's extra special.

Life is like this, some days we get pieces of what makes our life complete. Other days, like today, it all comes together. Feeding others feeds my soul. It's one of my love languages. Dogs are another love language. Being surrounded with both - perfection.

No comments: