Monday, August 18, 2008

Warning - Cleaning Is Not All It's Cracked Up to Be

Either I am getting older, or cleaning is becoming more dangerous. I'm giving you fair warning of this so you can protect yourself.

Now, there are some of you who will fall off your chairs at the thought of me cleaning anything. Reno will testify that while it is a rare occurrence, it does happen sometimes. Knowing this, place your bets accordingly.

I was cleaning carpet stains yesterday (thanks to two sick dogs) and managed to pull, tear, mangle, injure some unknown muscle, tendon, tissue in my hip. I know, a better person would never even mention this happened. But dang it, it hurt when it happened, and it still hurts now. This is exactly why I leave cleaning to the professionals. Some risks are worth the effort involved, but I don't think this is one of them.

Or maybe my age is catching up with me. I do have one of those significant birthdays coming up this month. That said, if I never really was much of a cleaning person, can I really officially retire from it?

Personally, knowing my feelings on cleaning, and my propensity for hurting myself while cleaning, one would think the dogs would make their messes outside. That would be the courteous thing to do for dear old Mom.

Not like that will happen. Just as it's not likely I will assume the cleaning position again soon. It's just too risky for someone like me.

No comments: