Sunday, August 31, 2008

Shadows

One would think a solitary person would cast a solitary shadow. Not so fast. I was noticing this evening my shadow has 8 paws, and sometimes more! Or should I say my shadows......

They are similar in color, both lemon and white. Kobe and Sidney could be attached to me with Velcro. They love their Mommy. I love them. Where ever I go in the house, they follow. I'm certain they wish I would settle in one spot longer. I seem to interrupt many good naps by having the audacity to move.

These shadows, of late, are giving me lots of bruises. Not intentionally - but quite accidentally. Sidney freaked himself out by getting the flexi-lead caught on the license of my truck as he walked by it. When the leash popped off it and the metal slapped my truck, Sidney thought the sky was falling. So he dashed into my legs. When in doubt (and fear) run like H*ll, head first, into the Momma.

And Kobe, toothless wonder that he is - snapped at a certain impertinent foster dog for sticking his nose where it didn't belong. Guess who got bit? It wasn't Sidney.

Still, I love my shadow's. I live for them. I've got two liver and white dogs shadows, and two lemon's. My shadows are full of mischief and fur. I'll gladly cast shadows like this any day, any time.

No comments: