Monday, September 1, 2008

Dog Talk

Sidney has a "friend" in the yard next door. They have a love/hate relationship. Actually, it's a baby rabbit that grazes just beyond the fence. I believe baby rabbits are born knowing how to flip dogs off. This one does it on a regular basis. Flippin Bunny lives in the wood pile next to the house next door. I'd rather like to let Sidney visit the wood pile and get better acquainted. I don't believe a dog ever forgets where it saw a rabbit. Sidney swears this is true.

Kobe is better, finally. Life has been the shits for him lately - literally, figuratively. I'm crossing fingers I can put the carpet cleaner away for a while.

Decoy is jumping again this weekend. He qualified in a DockDogs competition at the state fair Saturday with a winning jump of 18' 10". Great jump - moved him up into the semi-professional wave. He'll be jumping with the "big" dogs today. Can you say 20' and over Decoy?

Maddie got groomed over the weekend. Dang she's a cutie! Her report card said she'd do better at the groomers next time. She's not saying what she did wrong there, maybe the groomer was having a bad day. Maybe she was a fussy butt. Maybe she was just being a bitch. At least she hasn't been banned from there - so I think that's a good thing.

Mick is my strong silent one. Although he'd really like to thank my friend for the lovely bite of pulled pork the other night. He's still smacking his lips over that one, and thanking the big Dog upstairs he got some before Mom spoiled all the fun.

No comments: