Saturday, January 24, 2009

Computer Magnet

I am continually drawn to the computer. I think there is a big magnet it in and it sucks me in whenever I am near by. Or maybe I have the attention span of a two year old and the computer is my set of Lego's. Maybe the computer room is the warmest room of the house and it's winter in Nebraska. Maybe the computer is my connection to the world and I love feeling connected.

Now, I know I spend too much time on the computer. I could be quilting, exercising, training the dogs, cleaning house (not bloody likely). I could be beading or reading - both things I like to do. I could be out shopping, but the budget says that's not a prudent thing to do.

I have never been much of a solitary person. Some folks thrive on it - I'm just not one of them. So that I spend solitary time on the computer is rather ironic. I have always known I will write a book someday. I've just never known what it would be about. Of course, my plan to write a book and God's plan are probably different. My plan included publishing, payment, hard backs and beautiful illustrations. His plan includes writing a blog, which has neither a hard or soft cover, but is bound on the pages of this blog site. I write because I enjoy it, because the big guy upstairs gifted me with words, because I need to share my thoughts. If they move you, inspire you, and/or make you laugh, that is payment enough.

If we have talents we need to share them. And so I do - at work, with the dogs, in the garden, with my friends and family, in my faith, in random contacts made in surprising ways, via my computer.

No comments: