Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sigh.....We Packed It Up

It was time to pack up the decorations and take down the Christmas tree. Makes me sad to pack away those special memories for another year. I love the lights, the tree, the macaroni and glitter ornaments the kids made in preschool. I love the magic, the mystery, the nativity. There is so much hope in the holiday season. I feel like we packed it all away.

Now, I know this is not the case. Still, as the naked tree stands on the patio I wonder where the season went. What season packs as much anticipation as this one? In spite of all my graces, I am having trouble shifting gears from Christmas time to normal time. Ironically, even as I make this shift in two weeks I have to go on a buying trip to buy for next Christmas. No rest for the weary (or is it the wicked?) I never can remember.

Sure there are other holidays in the offing. Although Reno says he's not shopping again until August. And I believe him. Valentines is around the corner, Ground Hog's Day, Easter, you name it - they will come.

Letting go is something I struggle with. Maybe we all do. Perhaps, in packing up Christmas, another gift in some way/shape/form will arrive. Life works this way.

No comments: