Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Curb Feelers

Tuesday is my feel good day. My weekday off. A catch up day if you will. I catch up on laundry, groceries, veggie out, poop scooping, chiropractor, and then do pet therapy with Mickey.

Mind you, Abby was my first therapy dog, Kobe was my second and Mick is my current one. He is rock steady on the job. Trouble is, Kobe still remembers what day Tuesday is and what the therapy vest means. I need to find a little visit he can do. He can't handle the distance walking our hospital visit requires. But his need to be social has not diminished. He soooo wanted to go today, and I felt bad not taking him.

You are wondering, no doubt, how I will segue into curb feelers. Hahaha, me too. But, let me explain. I stopped at the car wash after errands this afternoon. It was a drive through, no touch, car wash. I was longing to have my black truck back and get rid of the salty winter white splatter on my vehicle. I've been through this car wash dozens of times. So, as I'm pulling out I'm noticing my truck now makes a funny sound. Like a true female, at a stop light I roll down the window and hear nothing. Hmmmmm. As I accelerate I hear this clicking again. Hmmmm. I should have looked at other drivers to see if they were laughing their asses off. That might have been a clue. Upon arriving home I realize the clicking came from a long piece of accent trim that came loose from the side of my truck. One end bounced along the pavement all the way home. Come to find out it happened on both sides of my truck, the exact same piece, click, click, click. I must have looked like I had giant curb feelers on either side of my vehicle.

Which leads me to the following conclusions. One, I provided comic relief to hundreds, nay maybe thousands of local drivers. Or at least the 30 or so I traveled with between here and there. Two, some cars are equiped with curb feelers and you many not even realize it. Three, curb feelers can be car wash activated.

And in a sense, the dogs are my curb feelers as well. They protect me from hard spots in life and smooth my journey. Plus they don't care if I look like an idiot from time to time. I love that about dogs.

No comments: