Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dog Withdrawals

I'm fast approaching a business trip that requires me to be away from home for six days. I haven't even left yet and I'm homesick. I miss Reno, I miss the dogs, I miss my own bed.

I'll be in Dallas next week. Do you suppose there is someone there with pointers (or a lab, springer, or dobe) that would pick me up, let me play with their pups, share a bottle of wine, take me on a tour of their garden, listen to funny dog stories, and oh yes, let me love up on their pups. I don't think I'm asking too much.

I'll bring pictures of my dogs, gosh I could even be talked in to bringing my own wine. Watching Animal Planet just doesn't suffice. I want (need) some canine contact. Perhaps there is a Pet Therapy group there that would visit me! That would make me feel more at home, reduce my job stress.

Okay, maybe I'm being a baby about this. But, I don't think so. Business travel is stressful. If I could take one of the dogs with I would. Since I can't, I need to connect with a surrogate dog (or dogs) in the Dallas area. Please contact me if you know who can fill this need.

No comments: